Browsing: Cleaning Lip Balm Stains From Clothing

Lip Balm Stain on Clothing

How do I get beeswax-cocoa butter lip balm out of clothing? I put the clothing through the dryer already. It's been years since I've missed the pocket check! Will WD40 work on organic grease?

Stephanie from Anchorage, Alaska

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

I don't think that WD-40 is a good idea, because it could further stain your top.

Try blotting the spot with a solution of one tablespoon Dawn brand dishsoap to 1/2 cup of HOT water. Place the spotted area of the blouse on top of a WHITE facecloth or towel and apply the solution while still hot.

If this doesn't work the first time, try it again, but this time also cover it with a white towel or facecloth & run an iron over it a few times (if it is an ironable material).

Either way, the grease should melt into the white towel or facecloth and be almost invisible. Whatever remains on blouse or cloth can be easily removed in the washer on warm.

If none of these tips work, buy a degreaser.

i was AMAZED about what wd-40 can do.. try joining the wd-40 fan club and downloading a list of over TWO THOUSAND uses.. i'm sure it would work.. but that's me, i try things out :)

I just did that myself -- only it was tinted lip balm! :-p, but I just took a little clorox 2, pretreated the stains and rubbed in, then re-washed the clothes, and it all came out. This was after I'd let them get into the dryer, so it works on 'old' or 'dried in' lip balm stains. No need to get out the degreasers or all that jazz, just some color safe bleach, or detergent like BIZ to pre-treat, and you're good to go!

I have tried the Dawn dish soap, warm water wash, Electrosol dishwasher soap, using a toothbrush to scrub it into the clothing! Help! These are my son's very expensive golf polo shirts and I cannot afford to replace them. WD-40? Should I?

January 8, 2005 Flag

How do you remove lip balm from clothing already washed once?

Sandy from NJ

Answers:
Dawn Dish Saop 01/09/2005
Sandy, my old stand-by is Dawn dish soap. I must admit I haven't used it on lip balm but I've used it on grease and oil that has been washed and dried and it completely removed the stains. It's certainly worth a try.
By Luvyabye
Dawn Dish Soap 01/09/2005
Use Dawn dish soap, it works great on all greasy spots.
By Ann4 (Guest Post)
Lestoil 01/09/2005
Lestoil should also work on anything greasy or oily.
By Songbird100
WD-40 01/09/2005
Try spraying WD-40 on the stain and rewashing. Even though WD-40 has a greasy feel itself, it sometimes works on removing greasy or oily type stains.
By truerblue

A girl putting on lip balm.
Cleaning Lip Balm Stains From Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsMarch 4, 2008
Making Lip Balm
Making Lip Balm
Removing Lip Balm from Car Upholstery
Removing Lip Balm from Car Upholstery
Plain White Lip Balm on Blue Background
Homemade Lip Balm Recipes
A woman putting on lip gloss.
Cleaning Lip Gloss Stains on Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 7:14:51 PM on 10.0.0.120 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.