Recommendations For Body Wash

My boyfriend works on an oil rig. Does anyone know of any good body wash and shampoo?

I don't know if this will help, because I tried it about 20 years ago, but it did work then!

My stepfather was a payloader operator (heavy equipment) and would get these unmoveable oil/grease marks on the baseball hat he wore while working. I don't know what kind of oil/grease it was, however. If I remember correctly, I think the hat was made out of polyester.

I tried everything to get ride of those oil marks - I won't even go into it.

Out of desperation, I tried a bar of Safeguard soap. It was scary to see how the oil just melted out of the fabric of the cap. I remember wondering at the time the effect of this soap has on human skin!

At the time, the color of Safeguard's soap was beige and I don't think they had a selection of the different scents, etc. It was the only Safeguard soap the company offered.

However, it's a cheap way to go even if you have to trial and error the different scents and kind of soap Safeguard now makes.

Also, there is a product on the market called 'Lestoil'. It removes grease stains from fabric like a charm. I live in Houston and they carry it at our regular grocery stores (Kroger, Randalls), but I bet you can buy it at Walmart or Target.

I'm sorry, but I don't remember the manufacture's name of Lestoil otherwise you could email them.

You could try googling Lestoil.

I just thought of something else. Is your husband a member of a union? You could email them with your problem and I bet you'd get a solution from them. I'll bet it wouldn't be the first time someone asked them how to clean oil out of fabric!

You could try some kind of shampoo maybe. They dissolve body oils. I'd start with Suave brand - frugal me! I would use shampoos that you can see through. In other words, no conditioning type of shampoo.

Did you ever try a soap called Fels Naptha? I used to be able to buy it at the grocery store, but I did see on the link on Thriftyfun.com that shows where you can buy it.

I didn't try Fels Naptha on my stepfather's hat, but I might have used Lestoil, but I don't remember.

Hey, if you know the manufacturer of the oil itself, you could try them.

I'm a big believer in emailing companies with my questions or comments. They always, always answer my emails.

Good luck!

:)

The best body wash that is in the market, for this purpose, and that does not contain harmful ingredients, is produced by Neways International. You will be totally satisfied with their body wash and their other personal products. In fact, I would recommend converting your bathroom to their products because they are so good and carcinogen free.

Good luck.

Eliana Mackley

www.simplylivingsmart.com

My husband's own business also leaves him in coming home covered in all sorts of oil and grease. The two solutions that I have come up with work pretty well.

The first is to use a sugar scrub that you can purchase at a bath shop, it can be quite expensive but oil removes oil- you can find recipes for these scrubs on line as well.

The second is to mix a course table salt with dawn dishwashing liquid, the orginal brand, the dawn breaks down the oils and the salt exfoliates removing the odor and the stains that have worked into the skin.

Either of these maybe used at the start of the shower, but need to be followed up with any type of shampoo and conditioner and a simple moisturizing body wash. Suave works fine in getting out any residue left behind by the two homeade solutions. Plus a good soak in a hot bath after the shower or once a week goes a long way in soaking out worked in grime. My sympathies are with you as I know all of this creates more work for the wife then those who have office jobs from 9-5.

I've had good luck with scrubs as mentioned previously, but also with soy based soaps--either in pump or bar form.

Dawn Dish soap in the pump form is suppose to work wonders on grease and oil. However this may be drying so follow with a lotion if needed.

Dish Soap.

My husband also work at the oil rigs and the only thing I have seen that works is dish soap.

Good old lava soap.

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care CleansingSeptember 2, 2008
Body Glitter
Making Homemade Body Glitter
Vegatables being washed in a sink.
Homemade Vegetable Wash Recipes
Growing Carrots
Growing Carrots
Homemade Body Wash in a Bottle
Homemade Body Wash Recipes
🎄
🍂