Track and Field Themed Centerpieces

I need an idea for a centerpiece for a track and field banquet. We have already used old sneakers.

By 2teensmom from NJ

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

EUWW! Old sneakers on the table?

How about hurdles made from pretzel rods and marshmallows? Table runner could be an oval cut from brown craft paper with white lines for the lanes on the track... shot puts could be foil wrapped malt balls. Discus could be york peppermint patties.

Thanks for getting the juices churning! I will have a similar dinner to plan shortly as well.

Last year my husband attended a bar mitzvah that had an ESPN theme. Each table had a specific sport theme, ie: baseball, football, hockey etc. Instead you could use each track and field event. I hope that helps.

I was thinking shot puts and discuss to not to mention sand for the long jump and something mocking a high jump mat or you could use pictures of your team members doing each event. Modge podge them on some square gift boxes from a dollar store and put team colored balloons coming up out of them. I like the old shoes idea.

Answer

I am looking for ideas for track and field themed centerpieces.

By Tricia from CA

Answers:

Track and Field Themed Centerpieces

I could not find anything anywhere. My daughter ran track and I wanted a centerpieces for her graduation party, so I checked with a local business where they sell trophies. I hit it lucky and they had a box of old trophies. I am using the toppers of a trophy (a girl running and a shoe with wings). The running girl's foot has a screw attached to the bottom of it. I got clear glass vases and put shredded paper (school colors in them, got a piece of Styrofoam and stuck the screw of the trophy topper in it. They looked cute. Hope this helps, also, old track shoes filled with dirt and flowers are good. (02/03/2011)

By nannygoat58

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Holidays and Parties Parties CenterpiecesApril 11, 2011
Silk Wedding Flowers
Silk Flower Wedding Centerpieces
Potted Rosemary plant.
Keeping Track of Plant Information
Freezing Black-eyed Peas
Freezing Field Peas (Black-Eyed Peas)
Summer Themed Flower Centerpiece
Summer Themed Centerpieces
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 9:27:31 AM on 10.0.2.182 in 813 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.