Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Track and Field Themed Centerpieces

I need an idea for a centerpiece for a track and field banquet. We have already used old sneakers.

By 2teensmom from NJ

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Jennifer04/20/2011

I was thinking shot puts and discuss to not to mention sand for the long jump and something mocking a high jump mat or you could use pictures of your team members doing each event. Modge podge them on some square gift boxes from a dollar store and put team colored balloons coming up out of them. I like the old shoes idea.

By Beth [5]04/12/2011

Last year my husband attended a bar mitzvah that had an ESPN theme. Each table had a specific sport theme, ie: baseball, football, hockey etc. Instead you could use each track and field event. I hope that helps.

By Eileen M. [53]04/12/2011

EUWW! Old sneakers on the table?

How about hurdles made from pretzel rods and marshmallows? Table runner could be an oval cut from brown craft paper with white lines for the lanes on the track... shot puts could be foil wrapped malt balls. Discus could be york peppermint patties.

Thanks for getting the juices churning! I will have a similar dinner to plan shortly as well.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Track and Field Themed Centerpieces

I am looking for ideas for track and field themed centerpieces.

By Tricia from CA

RE: Track and Field Themed Centerpieces

I could not find anything anywhere. My daughter ran track and I wanted a centerpieces for her graduation party, so I checked with a local business where they sell trophies. I hit it lucky and they had a box of old trophies. I am using the toppers of a trophy (a girl running and a shoe with wings). The running girl's foot has a screw attached to the bottom of it. I got clear glass vases and put shredded paper (school colors in them, got a piece of Styrofoam and stuck the screw of the trophy topper in it. They looked cute. Hope this helps, also, old track shoes filled with dirt and flowers are good. (02/03/2011)

By nannygoat58