Making a Personalized Mobile

I need to make a mobile of my child's life to date. For example, 2003 turned 1, started to walk, etc. up to age 6. Does anyone have any creative ideas on the actual mobile? I was thinking of hanging photos off colored string attached to a coat hanger.

Penny

A great backing for your photos are old unusable cds. A hole punch will make a hole in the top to attach your string/cat-gut/wool etc. They also look pretty in the sun and can cast a rainbow effect on the floor and walls.

Good luck.

Instead of using a wire hanger, I'd pick up a wooden embroidery hoop from a craft store. You can paint the wood to match. You can also get a size that fits your space.

I've seen some mobile's where there's a very large hoop, with smaller hoops hanging below it. All decorated with colored ribbons, and items hung from the ribbons.

Crafts AdviceMarch 18, 2009
Mobile Homes in Snow
Winterizing Your Mobile Home
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
Friendship Mobile
Making a Friendship Mobile
Making a Halloween Mobile
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 11:47:45 PM on 10.0.1.80 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.