An Apple a Day Dog Treat
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 apple, chopped or grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 3/8 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray cookie sheet with vegetable oil spray.
- Lightly dust work surface with flour.
- Blend flours and cornmeal in large mixing bowl.
- Add apple, egg, oil, brown sugar, and water. Mix until well blended.
- On work surface, roll dough out to 7/8 inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutters of desired shape and size.
- Place treats on prepared sheet. Bake in preheated oven 35 to 40 minutes.
- Turn off oven. Leave door closed for 1 hour to make the treats crispy.
- Remove treats from oven.
- Store baked treats in airtight container or plastic bag, and place in refrigerator or freezer.
Recipe makes 24 servings.
Excerpted from http://www.fifty-fantastic-recipes.com/dog.htm
By Bonnie Jo from RSM, CA
May 7, 20070 found this helpful
Lovely website with great anecdotes and recipes
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
May 14, 20070 found this helpful
I would probably have to use 1/2 c. oatmeal instead of the cornmeal as my dogs are allergic to corn, but they sound great otherwise. :)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Article
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 14, 2017 at 9:06:45 AM on 10.0.1.90 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us