Sealing the Soles of Sandals

Does anyone have a good idea to seal the soles of a pair of rubber sandals?

Mary from Pana, IL

Could you maybe give more info? Why is it that you want to "seal the soles?" What are you trying to accomplish?

Goop; a sealant sold at the hardware.

If the soles are 'worn out' and you love those sandals simply take them to a shoe repair and have them re-soled ... I have a pair of fancy flat sole lace up granny boots that I've had for over two decades and since they're good leather and my 'best friends' I just take them to the local shoe repair :-)

If the soles have come loose and you want to reattach them, use Shoe Goo. I had a pair of Eccos that were several years old. Near the little toe, the shoes had started to separate from the sole. I took them to a shoe repair place and was told that they couldn't be repaired. I brought them home, applied Shoe Goo, placed something heavy on them to keep the pieces together and after 24 hours they were ready to wear. I wore them all last year and am going to wear them again this winter. Summertime, I wear my sandals, otherwise I'd being wearing them now.

Hey - thanks for all your input - tried the Shoe Goo and it did the trick! Again thanks

Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceSeptember 22, 2008
Sealing a Painted Deck
Sealing a Painted Deck
Chipped Paint on Old Chair
Sealing Chipped Paint on Old Wood
terra cotta tile floor
Removing Scuff Marks from Waxed Tile Floors
Vacuum Sealed Turkey Breast
Vacuum Sealing Food
🎉
🎄