Browsing: Storing and Developing Film

Cheapest Way To Develop Film

I have a whole year worth of disposable cameras that need to be developed. I'm sure a great deal of pictures have been taken by a three years old, floor shots. Any ideas on the cheapest route for processing?

Thanks you all so much!

Suzanne

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Take them to Walmart. You can look at your pictures before purchasing them and if you don't like some of them or if they are no good, fuzzy, blurred, etc., you don't have to take them. Have those pictures deducted from your "per print" purchase. I don't think they have a limit on the amount of pictures you don't have to purchase.

You can go online to http://www.photoworks.com. They are running a special right now on devoloping large number of film at one time. I think they are giving 10.00 off. I have used this company personally before and they do a good job. Its cheap like 19 cents a picture or so. Try just sending them one roll to see if you like it. I think anything would beat the long line at wal-mart photo center. :)

COSTCO

I take my disposable film to SuperWalmart, before paying for them I view them, and only pay for the ones that I think are the best shots. They will disgard of the ones you do not want.

Also if you have not promised anyone copies, only print single prints. If Walmarts prices do not suit your budget, try Walgreens, I believe thier prices start at .29 cents. I am sure you will not have to pay for picture that are not of the best quality.

Hope this helps.

I agree with taking them to Wal-Mart and viewing them before paying to discard prints you may not want...also, maybe only have 2 or 3 rolls developed at a time. For example, if you get paid every week, have a couple of rolls developed per week, or whenever you get your paycheck...to space out the expense.

Hope this helps.

Renee

Been checking out photo processing options. This was helpful. I am glad to have found photoworks.com because they don't charge shipping and handling per roll when you ship quantity. I would have thought Snapfish.com would have been the least expensive but because of the per roll shipping and handling, they lose my vote. It would be outrageous to have these charges, since like the original poster I have many rolls, saved from before the day of digital that need to be developed.

Some Costco's still develop film for $4/roll.

Storing Flim
Storing and Developing Film
Consumer Advice Tips for ConsumersDecember 30, 2004
White Film on Dishes
Removing White Film From Dishes
Film Canister
Uses for Film Canisters
Apple shaped and stemmed glass dishes after cleaning.
Removing Cloudy Film on Glass
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 8:55:07 AM on 10.0.1.249 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.