Organizing Seasonal Clothing

At this time of year, as I do laundry I begin to store 'out of season' clothing. I live on the East Coast so we need to start eliminating sweaters and long sleeved items from our closet.

I do laundry in the basement, and we store our off season clothes down there too. When I empty the dryer and see a sweater or long sleeved item, I put it on a hanger and find a place for it in the storage area. This way they are not brought upstairs to make the closets cluttered and tight.

When I eliminate a winter item, I reintroduce a summer item to my closet. A simple idea which works great as you go.

By Edith from CT

Yes. Good practical thinking here I try to do the same, but I was so ill this winter going into spring I forgot all about doing this. Now I am catching up and your reminder was at the right time. Thanks!

Organized Winter Sweaters
Organizing Seasonal Clothing
Organizing ClothingMay 26, 2011
Easter Centerpiece
Easter Centerpiece Ideas
A woman looking sad in winter.
Tips for Dealing With Seasonal Affective Disorder
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Dog With Allergies
Treating Dogs With Seasonal Allergies