Karo Syrup Cookie Recipe

I am looking for an old recipe that used to be on the Karo Syrup bottle label. It was for cookies and you would place a pecan in the center before baking. This was not the cookie I've seen on the web that has a filling, it's fairly easy to make and resembles a plain brown sugar cookie. Any help would be so appreciated by my Mother and myself.

Patricia from Colorado

Hi, Patricia, I have a Karo Syrup cookbook from 1983 and it doesn't have the brown sugar pecan cookie recipe in it, but I did find this one (maybe you can adapt it?):

CHOCOLATE PECAN DROPS:

1/4 cup Karo light corn syrup

1 pkg. (12 oz.) semisweet choc. chips

1/4 cup evaporated milk

1/4 cup sugar

Pecan halves

Grease 3 large cookie sheets. In heavy 2-qt. saucepan, stir together corn syrup, milk, and sugar. Stirring constantly, bring to boil over med. heat. Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Return to full boil. Reduce heat to low. Stirring frequently, boil gently 7 min. Remove from heat. Spoon mixture by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Immediately press pecan halves in center of each. Cool 'till set. Makes about 6 doz.

Thank you Lynn, your version sounds good and I will certainly give it a try.

I can still see in my mind the worn label that my Mother had saved for many years and can almost still taste the cookie itself. After contacting Karo, they said that many ownership changes caused them to lose some of the older recipes once posted on the labels.

I'm not giving up and hope that maybe someone out there will still have this in their recipe collection.

Have you thought about contacting Karo? Maybe they could help.

Shirley

Hi, I have an old book called Karo Kookery from 1942. There is a recipe in here that sounds close to what you want.

KEEP-WELL DROP COOKIES

2 c. sifted flour 2 t. baking powder 1/4 t. salt

1/2 c. shortening 1/2 c. sugar 1 c. Karo (red or blue label) 1 egg, well beaten 1 1/2 t. vanilla.

sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Cream shortening, add sugar and Karo slowly, and cream until fluffy. Stin in well beaten egg and vanilla. Add sifted dry ingredients, a little at a time, blending well after each addition. Drop by teaspoons onto lightly greased cookie sheet and bake 425° for 12 min. Yield : about 4 dozen

PECAN DROP COOKIES:

After dropping cookie dought by teaspoon on cookie sheet, press a whole pecan half into the top of each cookie. Use blue labe Karo for these.

Eve, that sounds like it....thank you so much for taking the time to post the recipe. I will copy and try it out tomorrow. I have four brothers who will be eternally grateful to have those cookies again....bless you!

Patti

Pouring Karo corn syrup into a measuring cup.
Karo Syrup Cookie Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CookiesMarch 7, 2007
Homemade Strawberry Syrup on Pancakes
Homemade Syrup Recipes
Honey Substitute for Corn Syrup
Substitutes For Corn Syrup
Raspberry Bar Cookies
Bar Cookie Recipes
🎉
🎄