Tired Of Getting Phone Books?

Last week, they delivered another round of telephone directories on my doorstep. I don't even have a home phone anymore and I can get any number I need on the Internet. So I just recycle them directly into my bin. The phone books, in my opinion, are just a big waste of paper.

My friend just sent me this way to stop receiving phone books, so I guess I'm the only one. Hope this can help other like minded people out there.

There is a way people can opt out of receiving phone books dropped off at their door.

* For Verizon, you can call (800) 888-8448, then push 2.

* For Dex, you can call (877) 243-8339, and then push 2.

By Jess in Oregon

How do you get #'s off the internet? Can you also get addresses? I have tried map quest, but don't have much luck.

The way I recycle phone books is that I leave one in my van and I make sure hubby has one in his also. It saves money on calling 411 on cell phones. I also use one for crafts. I use it as my cutting mat and when I use my dremel. Recycling is the way to go no matter how you do it!

I use old phone books when I am using a craft glue stick while making cards. I lay the paper onto a page of the phone book, use the glue stick, and any glue that goes over the edge of my paper goes onto the page, I then tear out the page and throw it away.

Go to whitepages.com

We have just the opposite problem. We only get our local small town directory (1 copy only) and I can't get the city one unless I pay %69.

So what happens if you don't have phone books, and your Internet is cut off, and you can't call 411, then what do you do?

1-800-free411 Completley free & saves trees.

yellowpages.com has addresses and more

Better Living Green Living AdviceApril 25, 2008
Phone Holder
Making a Phone Holder for a Cordless Phone
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Cell Phone User Making call with Card
Saving Money on Phone Cards
Stack of Old Phone Books
Uses for Old Phone Books