Craft Project: Corner Pocket

Here is a craft to make using things you already have, that will hold more things you already have.

Approximate Time: 20 minutes

• gift box
  • scissors
  • tape
  • wrapping paper
  • knife or other tool to make holes (adult use only)
  • ribbon or yarn

Use the scissors to cut a large corner off a gift box. Tape the two pieces (you will have one from the bottom of the box and one from the top) together. Cover your box corner with wrapping paper.

Have an adult use a knife or other sharp object to make a hole at the top of each side of your corner. Tie a length of ribbon or yarn through the holes to make a hanger.

Hang your Corner Pocket anywhere and use it to hold craft or hair supplies, note cards or small note pads, etc.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

What a fantastic idea! Hmm I have several boxes ready to go to the trash tomorrow. Think I'll haul them back in and do some cutting! Just thought of one good use for it! In my broom closet I never have a place for things like vacuum attachments, vacuum bags, other smaller things. This would be perfect using a little larger box.

Ah ha! This also made me think of another idea along this line! I'm going to find some sort of tube type box that is big enough for my purpose. After covering it with contact paper I'll use strings to hang it from the wire shelf in the broom closet so that it hangs down to about 4 feet off the ground. This way, I can put any poles (broomsticks, mop handles, vacuum hoses, etc) thru this and they won't fall over in the closet the way they do so much.

Photos CraftsMay 14, 2009
Man putting in Corner Shelves
Building Corner Shelves
Raking Leaves
November's Gardening To-Do List
Crochet Outfits for Polly Pocket Dolls
Crochet Outfits for Polly Pocket Dolls
Pocket Calendar
Uses for Pocket Calendars