Mona Lisa REMIX

My 8 and 10 year old students were given a color Xerox of the Mona Lisa. They had to use mixed media and whatever recycled elements they could find to give her a new look. All the embellishments came out of the recycled art bin! What do you think Leonardo would say?

By Lori

First Leonardo would applaud the grown-ups in charge of this project. Offering creative art to children is about the most important lessons they can share, and I for one am very happy to see some people are still doing it...even if our country's leaders think our schools don't need it.

Keep up the great work.

By the way, the children did a fantastic job of "remaking" the Mona Lisa. The re-dos are hilarious.

Thank you for sharing with us.

Pookarina

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

I agree with Pookarina. Your students did a fantastic job! I love their creativity, and it's a wonderful display of imagination in a world that doesn't ask that enough from our kids anymore.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Crafts Crafts For Kids EducationalSeptember 1, 2010
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 1:41:44 AM on 10.0.1.55 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.