Product FinderConsumer Advice
To Top

Over-the-Window Plant Hook

A few years ago I purchased an over-the-window plant hanger that had a curved metal bar that just slipped behind the window frame. It was not screwed into the wall or frame, the tension would hold it in place. It had a swivel hook on the other end. I would like to find more of these hangers if anyone knows where to purchase them.


By RocknChr from Ord, NE

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

March 18, 20100 found this helpful

Have you tried Lowe's? Good luck.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
March 18, 20100 found this helpful

If you can't find your plant hanger, you can probably also use an over-the-door wreath hanger. These are fairly easy to find. I bought mine after Christmas at a dollar store. You can bend the wreath hanger in several places if you need it to jut out from the window more. You can use most of the over-the-door hangers in the same way you'd use your plant hanger. Buy the flat metal ones, not the ones that are round or the clear plastic hangers. They sell from 99 cents to $12. I got mine 2 for a dollar at an after Christmas sale.

Here's one for $1.84: http://www.wass  t/Product_112905

K-mart $1.86:

http://www.kmar  x20070926x00003a

Here's a photo of a wreath hanger:

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
July 19, 20120 found this helpful

Did you ever find these I too have been searching?


Reply Was this helpful? Yes

April 26, 20170 found this helpful

I had some of these years ago in black metal. No swivel though. I too would love to find one or a picture of one to see if I can get some made. The wreath hook would not move the plant far enough from the window.

The design was a 2 prong thin part that slipped behind the molding of the window, a curved piece that came down out side the molding but created leverage to hold the hook in place and then a bar that came out from the molding several inches, say 6 to 8, with a dipped half circle to hold the plant hanger at the end. Anyone have a sample?

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
June 4, 20170 found this helpful

I do not know where to find this item & have been searching for the same!!! These are great I had some & they were misplaced when we had some painting to be done!! Would love to find also!!

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
Consumer Advice Product FinderMarch 18, 2010
closeup of lunaria
Lunaria Photos
Tomato plant and stalk with black spots from Early Blight.
Black Spots on Tomato Plant Leaves
crochet hook storage tower
Making a Crochet Hook Storage Tower
Carp fish hook with orange and yellow bait balls
Keeping Bait on Your Fish Hook
Back to School Ideas!
Summer Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Published by .

Generated 2017/08/18 11:10:25 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️
Loading Something Awesome!