Finding Glider Chair Replacement Cushions

Many glider chairs have fabric upholstered cushions that may need to be replaced long before the chair itself. This is a guide about finding glider chair replacement cushions.

I can't seem to find replacement cushions for my glider rocker.

Trudy from Croydon, PA

Answers

Babies R Us has them, I am pretty darn sure. And I seem to recall a friend of mine had the JcPenney home furniture (or could have been Sears, but one of those) catalog and you could buy all different kinds in there.

I tried to find glider chair cushions, also- with no luck. So, since my foam cushions have removable covers with zipper, I took the cushion covers off and fluffed the cushions in the dryer on the air cycle. I washed the covers, and my next project will be to try to rip the seams and lay the old cushion cover material out to use as a pattern.

But instead of a zipper for the new covers, I am going to use velcro. The material I'll be using is from an unfitted chenille slip cover for a large sofa, which I found at Big Lots at a good bargain price.

By Laura (Guest Post)

I haven't been able to find these at Babies R us or at JC Penney.

By Theresa (Guest Post)

I, too, am looking for replacement cushions for my glider rocker. I checked all of the sites mentioned here and many more. The only one that came close was Sear's replacement cushions for a regular rocking chair. Costs for custom made cushions are greater than purchasing a brand new glider. What a shame.

By SK (Guest Post)

I found some on the Pottery Barn Kids website. They have many different fabrics. They are expensive but I bought a really nice hand made Glider 6 years ago with my 1st son. So, I'ld rather not buy a new glider.

http://www.pott  pkey=cfrnrck%7Cb

By kathie (Guest Post)

I have samples for a Newport glider but do not have the page with the company info. Anybody know?
kvb50 AT rochester.rr.com

By Dee (Guest Post)

here is a store that sells them and has many to choose from instock http://www.blanchetrocker.com/ I just spoke to the guy and he is happy to help.

By Malia (Guest Post)

Looks like the best option is to make my own! This should be interesting...

By Wendy Anne (Guest Post)

I found a great selection for my front porch rocking chairs at www.cushionsource.com. They have a good selection of indoor and outdoor fabrics designs. They offer many styles including cording and ties. The quality price and delivery time was better than expected.

good luck with your search.

By NYC (Guest Post)

I bought a chair off Craigslist and need to replace the cushions. I found that both McCalls and Simplicity make patterns for glider cushions. It's worth it to me to give that a try rather than pay twice what I paid for the chair to cushion it.

You could also try getting a cushion from Ikea. Their Poang chair cushion works beautifully in our glider. It's not the same shape, but functionally it works great, and they have lots of colors.

By Susan (Guest Post)

Did anyone ever find out where you can get them without having to buy a new chair for $125.00?

You can try these...but they all seem to want about $95.00

Glider Chairs.com  offers replacement parts and pads along with new gliders

Rocking Chairs 100% (http://www.rocking-chairs.com/)- offers glider cushion sets along with new gliders

Glider Rocker and Cushion World  (http://www.glid  ushionworld.com/)offers replacement cushions, custom cushions and more

NewPort Gliders  http://www.newp  ries.shtmloffers replacement cushions, replacement seats and gliders

NurtureCenter.com - offers replacement cushions for Dutailier gliders

CJS Cozy Cushions (http://www.cozycushions.com/) offers cushion made cushions for glider rockers, swings, sofas, love seats and more.

By Mary (Guest Post)

This has become such a disposal world, having a hard time finding replacement cushions for a glider rocker, I am not going to buy another rocker. Just need the cushions.

By Mary Beth. (Guest Post)

You may be able to pay a seamstress to recover the ones you have or you may be able to do it yourself, making a pattern from the current covers?

By Derk DeVries (Guest Post)

Below you'll find the website for http://www.blanchetrocker.com/

AFter going through all of these websites, I found this fella to be the most helpful. It turns out he gets calls for replacement cushions about 10 times a week or so and ends up shipping all over the country. (He's in New Hampshire, and I'm in California and the price was decent).

By kamilah (Guest Post)

http://www.ward  Nao=48&No=48

By Mel (Guest Post)

Try Cozy Cushions. They can replace just about any cushions for a good price. www.cozycushions.com

By WILLARD R (Guest Post)

Rocker World seems to have gone out of business.

By T.mcCull (Guest Post)

Hey gals, just found this wonderful site on ebay for slipcovers for my round top glider rocker chair cushions. They fit like a glove are reasonable priced and are beautiful! I used my old cushions so the shipping was so low. I just purchased a Christmas red for the HOLIDAYS!

Two ladies have a ebay site where they make and sell reborn babies clothes and bedding and also these wonderful slipcovers. They are just So helpful!! You can find them on ebay by searching seller name shabbychenilleladys or just go to ebay and search glider rocker slipcovers.

By Jennifer A. (Guest Post)

Whistle Stop Bedding also make custom glider chair cushion replacements, they specialize in custom bedding for babies and children. www.whistlestopbedding.com
I hope this helps

I am looking for replacement cushions for a swivel wingback glider rocker (ottomon too if possible). I can't seem to find them anywhere. Any suggestions?

I am looking for cushions for a Newport glider highback. I have been online for 2 days looking. Any suggestions? Thank you

I can't find a replacement pad for my wing back glider and the ottoman.

By Jan H

I have a Best Chairs Inc. #C8107MO glide rocker. I wanted to find replacement cushions for it. It looks like the same rocker as the picture on your webpage. How would I get the replacement cushions for this rocker?

By Brett

I am trying to find someone who sells replacment cushions for the Bow Back Glider rocking chairs. These chairs are everywhere, surely someone sells the cushions separately. My chair back measures 30 inches tall by 20 inches wide at the top and 17 inches wide at the bottom. The seat cushion is a slight "T" shaped that measures 18 inches in the back, 18 inches in length and 23 inches across the "T" in the front. I would really like to replace the cushions that came with my chair. The chair is in great shape but to find the cushions has been a real challenge. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Connie from Tenn.

Answers:

Glider Rocking Chair Cushion Replacements

We also had the same problem... it seems having someone custome make the cushions is the only way. But for the cost of that we decided to donate our old glider and purchase a new one at Walmart for $80. Sorry I couldn't help, we tried everywhere too! Making these glider cushions would be a great business to get into!! (10/31/2004)

By Chris

I saw some on e-bay. You may want to check there. They didn't have the color I wanted. (01/15/2005)

By Monika

I found some on eBay. (07/15/2005)

By Stacie

I have also found them at JC Penny's website.

(07/15/2005)

By Stacie

I FOUND IT! CUSTOM MADE CUSHIONS, BEAUTIFUL FABRICS.

http://www.Cozycushions.com

Hope this helps. (08/09/2005)

By Tracy

This website has the replacements.

http://www.rocking-chairs.com/gliders.htm

(07/20/2006)

By Lori

For glide rocker replacement cushions, try 'Rocker World' in Auburn Hills, MI. 248.853.7440.
www.rockerworld.qpg.com (08/15/2006)

By Greg

I can't beleive how hard it is to find replacement cushions for a glider rocker.It cost more than the rocker to have some one make them for you.It is a shame because my rocker is in great shape but the cushions are worn. I will never buy another one. (02/24/2007)

By Charlotte B.