Add a Bay Leaf to Pantry Items to Keep Pests Away

The best thing I have ever found to keep pantry moths or any other pest from getting in your food is to put a bay leaf in the box or package after it is opened. There is something about a bay leaf that they hate. You can get these cheaply at a $1 store.

By Elaine from Iowa

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I have been doing this for almost 40 years and it really does work!!

:-)

Thank you for the tip on using bay leaves to keep pest away.

Hello, Here it is 9 years later and I found the help I need . I have had two years of misery with these darn moths. Bay Leaves on my shopping list this minute. THANK YOU!

I have been using these in everything from corn meal to flour to box mixes - anything that will end up with bugs or moths. They work wonderfully. I have been using bay leaves for over 30 years.

Comment

Preventing Pantry Pests
Preventing Pantry Pests
Food and Recipes StorageSeptember 10, 2008
damage to chard leaf
Controlling Leaf Miners
Cans of Food in a Pantry
Organizing Your Pantry
Various promotional items.
Removing Logos from Promotional Items
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 12:04:22 PM on 10.0.2.170 in 697 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.