Paint Color Advice for Trim and Floors in Kitchen with Sage Walls, Oak Cabinets and Wood Ceiling

I have dark oak kitchen cabinets, oak floor, darker wood ceilings with sage green walls. I am thinking of painting the trim around the doors, windows, and the floor white or off white. Will that look good or should I leave it?

By Chloe from IL

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I think the white would be a nice crisp frame for your kitchen. I would hesitate to do anything dark with so much wood.

Get paint samples of cream or white in multiples, and with tape secure them in your room in different places where the trim is to be painted. Leave them up for a few days and check them out in different lighting, including your nightime lighting. It may seem like trouble, but it's saved us alot of headaches.

I favor the off white, but if you have white appliances it might look better.

Enjoy.

Yes white would look good. I have a room with sage green walls and just very slightly off-white trim. The paint color is celadon (it looks sage to me) from Home Depot and the trim is cottage white if you wanted to compare.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceNovember 18, 2010
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for a Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 12:03:41 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.