Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Keeping Futon from Slipping

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
A man sitting on a red futon.

You are not alone if your futon mattress keeps sliding down on the frame. This is a guide about keeping futon from slipping.

Solutions: Keeping Futon from Slipping

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Keeping Futon from Slipping

To keep my futon mattress from slipping and sliding, I took 2 rolls of gripping shelf liner and laid one under the seat part, and one behind the back part. Now the mattress stays in place!

By Chris from Levittown, Pa

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Keeping Futon from Slipping.

Question: Futon Mattress Keeps Slipping

I have an older type tri-fold futon, that I use mostly in 1 of its 3 different upright positions on the back 1/3. The problem is, no matter which position it's in, the entire mattress slips down towards the bottom until the bottom rests on the floor. And the mattress is heavy to pick up and re-do when you have sciatica and a bad lower back! I've even tried bungy-cording it around that area, to no avail.

If any of you have any suggestions on how to solve or at least minimize this ongoing dilemma, please please help me out.

By Nica from Big Bend, WV

Most Recent Answer

By Lizzyanny [9]10/13/2013

Could you try putting some of the rubberized matting used for rugs on carpet between the mattress and the frame?