Keeping Futon from Slipping

You are not alone if your futon mattress keeps sliding down on the frame. This is a guide about keeping futon from slipping.

A man sitting on a red futon.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I have an older type tri-fold futon, that I use mostly in 1 of its 3 different upright positions on the back 1/3. The problem is, no matter which position it's in, the entire mattress slips down towards the bottom until the bottom rests on the floor. And the mattress is heavy to pick up and re-do when you have sciatica and a bad lower back! I've even tried bungy-cording it around that area, to no avail.

If any of you have any suggestions on how to solve or at least minimize this ongoing dilemma, please please help me out.

By Nica from Big Bend, WV

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Could you try putting some of the rubberized matting used for rugs on carpet between the mattress and the frame?

Read More Answers...

To keep my futon mattress from slipping and sliding, I took 2 rolls of gripping shelf liner and laid one under the seat part, and one behind the back part. Now the mattress stays in place!

By Chris from Levittown, Pa

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Home Improvement FurnitureMarch 16, 2013
Shower
Preventing Slips and Falls in a Bathtub and Shower
Futon Couch
Making a Futon Cover
woman wearing a bra
Keeping Bra Straps from Slipping
A rug sitting on a wood floor.
Keeping Rugs From Slipping
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 1, 2016 at 3:32:48 AM on 10.0.2.221 in 520 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.