Freeze Yogurt for Smoothies

This is a way to save that uneaten yogurt that is near its expiration date. I toss the yogurt container in the freezer and add it to smoothies in the blender as needed. Yes, it will expand a bit as it freezes, but I have never had a lid pop. You may want to let it thaw a bit before adding to the blender. No need to add ice to the smoothie. I look for Manager's Clearance yogurt in the grocery store, which is usually near the use by date and is drastically marked down.

By Jan from Gainesville GA

I am from Toronto, Canada. I agree with you about freezing the yogurt for smoothies but if you freeze the yogurt, you will destroy all the cultures in the yogurt. I enjoy the taste of yogurt but also enjoy the health benefits of eating it. If you freeze your yogurt, you will lose all that. I know this because I also found a great sale and wanted to freeze 2 tubs. I phoned the company that made it [Parmalat, Canada] and they told me why I should not freeze it. Best wishes, Amber Dawn

Making a Smoothie in a Blender
Making Smoothies
Food and Recipes Freezing DairyJune 17, 2010
Mug of slighty lumpy Greek yogurt.
Greek Yogurt Recipes
Bowl of plain  yogurt.
Low Fat Yogurt Recipes
Homemade yogurt in jars.
Using an EasiYo Yogurt Maker
Making Yogurt Without Milk
Making Yogurt Without Milk