Advertising a New In-home Babysitting Business

I want to do babysitting at my house. I was wondering should I put flyers in my neighbors' mailboxes or how else should I attract customers?

By Kayla from FL

It would be helpful if you could let us know if you have been approved and licensed by your local authorities to do this before giving advice on how to advertise. If you're not approved and/or licensed to do this and you get caught there is more than likely to be stiff penalties.

It is illegal to put anything except (mailed) mail in mailboxes, but you could stick on their door, or car, but there are permits required for that also. Inquire with the city if you are going to pursue those methods. Consider convenience stores, churches, laundromats that have bulletin boards. Word of mouth is great advertising. There are also websites that employ you and send you out as a babysitter to clients who join their service, but of course, they pick the hours, the amount of money, etc.

I have been running a small home day care for quite a few years. I advertise on kijiji. It's free and local.

Business and Legal BusinessApril 9, 2011
Shopping Online
Advertising an Online Store
Business Travel Tips, Business Woman on Laptop in Airport
Business Travel Tips
Internet Advertising Trick
Avoiding Advertising Tricks
Cleaning Business
Advertising a Cleaning Business