Drying Fresh Mistletoe

Mistletoe is an evergreen parasitic plant that grows on a wide variety of trees. If you are unlucky or lucky enough to have some in your yard, you can harvest it and make your own dried mistletoe bunches for the holidays. This is a guide about drying fresh mistletoe.

Mistletoe with red ribbon
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

September 10, 2004 Flag

I need info on preserving mistletoe and magnolia leaves for making wreaths and other Christmas items.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am not sure this will work, but I have bought cat litter and used it on leaves and small flowers. It dries them out and they are pretty. Just cut them lay in a tray, cover with litter, and then layer again if needed until you have amount you want done. I have also read in my MICROWAVE INSTRUCTION BOOK, it can be done in it, but never tried it.....I want to preserve red, peppers I have harvested from my garden, so I am gonna try the cat litter method......Good luck tmelton (at) wayxcable (dot) com

i was told to dip them in future floor wax.

Did any of the suggestions work? I am trying to preserve fresh mistletoe now myself and found you had already tried.

I was told by a lot of people to dip the base of them in glycerin.

Read More Answers...

November 26, 2011 Flag

I am making a large magnolia leaf wreath. Is there a spray sealant I can use to put on the leaves to keep them from turning brown? The wreath will be hung up high in the church's sanctuary all through Advent.

By Agnes B

Go To MarthaStewart.com or FaveCrafts.com They Both Have Everything you need to know! Have Fun Crafting & Happy Holidays! : )

December 29, 2009 Flag

I would like to know how to preserve mistletoe.

By Whit from Anniston, AL

Crafts FloralAugust 16, 2013
Dried orange slices, bundle of cinnamon sticks, and cloves.
Drying Oranges
A pile of dried apple slices.
Drying Apples
Dried Bananas
Drying Bananas
Dried Carrots
Drying Vegetables
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 10:19:36 AM on 10.0.0.129 in 362 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.