Drying Fresh Mistletoe

Mistletoe is an evergreen parasitic plant that grows on a wide variety of trees. If you are unlucky or lucky enough to have some in your yard, you can harvest it and make your own dried mistletoe bunches for the holidays. This is a guide about drying fresh mistletoe.

Mistletoe with red ribbon
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I need info on preserving mistletoe and magnolia leaves for making wreaths and other Christmas items.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I was told by a lot of people to dip the base of them in glycerin.

Read More Answers...

I am making a large magnolia leaf wreath. Is there a spray sealant I can use to put on the leaves to keep them from turning brown? The wreath will be hung up high in the church's sanctuary all through Advent.

By Agnes B

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Go To MarthaStewart.com or FaveCrafts.com They Both Have Everything you need to know! Have Fun Crafting & Happy Holidays! : )

I would like to know how to preserve mistletoe.

By Whit from Anniston, AL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts FloralAugust 16, 2013
Dried orange slices, bundle of cinnamon sticks, and cloves.
Drying Oranges
A pile of dried apple slices.
Drying Apples
Dried Bananas
Drying Bananas
Dried Carrots
Drying Vegetables
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 12, 2016 at 12:06:09 AM on 10.0.1.236 in 422 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.