Embroidery Floss for Hand Sewing

Being the frugal person I am, instead of buying a spool of thread to match the item I am hand sewing, I keep on hand a bag of embroidery 6 strand thread that has many choices of colors to chose from. I am almost always able to find the color I need. Just separate 2 strands (that is equivalent to one strand of spool thread). I feel that I save at least the $1.25 that it would cost me to buy a regular spool of thread to match the item and then maybe never need that color again. Why not give it a try?

By Mary from Traverse City, MI

What a great idea! I'm always needing a color of thread that I never seen to have and am collecting spools of thread that I have to find a way to use. Thanks for the idea.

A sewing room garbage can by tying a bag to the table leg.
Sewing Tips And Tricks
Crafts SewingJune 6, 2011
closeup of sewing machine needle
Free Motion Embroidery Ideas
Organized Embroidery Floss Spools.
Organizing Embroidery Floss
sewing machine
Sewing Vinyl
framed felt and floss color chart
Making an Embroidery Floss and Felt Color Code Chart