Finnish Wedding Cake Recipe

Does anyone have a recipe for Finnish Wedding Cake? It is a very moist yellow cake and it has fruit in between the layers and on top of the cake it is piled with different fruits (strawberries, grapes, bananas, oranges, etc.) in a centerpiece arrangement.

justhelpingout from Chassell

google: Japanese Christmas cake

The Japanese Christmas cake was based on the Finnish wedding cake.

My friend is married to a guy from Finland. The only recipe she has is in Finnish but here is the jist of it. There is berry juice poured into the cake (after baking). Usually the more juice the better. They like it really wet. From her experience in making it... the juice does not absorb really quickly and you have to pour slowly as it will run off the cake. It may look from the top there is a lot of juice, when you cut into it, it only made it part way through. Keep adding more juice slowly. These cakes do not last long, best eaten within a day or two. It uses whipped cream instead of frosting. There is fruit between the layers and piled on top. Her experience was strawberries and bananas mainly. Hope this helps!

Sounds yummy and beautiful!

Hey I know this cake I believe. Many years ago my sister in law worked in a diner and the cook was Finnish and made a cake that was wonderful, she had her make one for my mother's birthday, what a hit it was, and I studied it to see what was in it. The cake was white in color so I found a "Silver White Cake" recipe in my Betty Crocker cookbook. It was made in 3 layers, 1 layer, had lemon juice and raspberry preserves, 2 layer had kiwi, fruit cocktail, and whipped cream. It was frosted with real whipped cream, and decorated with kiwi, apricots, canned peaches, and maraschino cherries. SOO delicious, I've made it a few times over the years and was planning on making it just today for a birthday tomorrow and thought I'd look it up. It is amazing! Hope I helped!

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesJanuary 7, 2009
A beach towel wedding cake.
Making a Towel Wedding Cake
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
Two tiered wedding cake with flowers on top.
Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
🎉
🎄