Shrinking Dry Clean Only Capris

I have a Dry Clean Only White Capri Pant from BEBE. The Shell is made of 70% Linen 27% Viscose, & 3% spandex. The lining is 95% Poly & 5% Spandex. Do you think I can cold water wash it in a front loader hand wash/gentle cycle? I would like it to shrink just a little. Any tips are appreciated.

Nina from Bayside, NY

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I don't think this will make them shrink, but I use Dryell Dryer Sheets for my dry cleaning and have had great success. However, I do send my dry cleaning to the regular dry cleaner after around two or three times after using Dryell. I don't think Dryell has been totally perfected yet for home use and the professional dry cleaner is good to use in between.

That said, I would be careful with your capris.

You might try using Woolite with cold water and hand washing them, then line drying them.

I wash my linen products like with and have had good luck but I never put them in the dryer.

I'm not sure, but I think Viscose is like Rayon and you have to always be careful of shrinkage with Rayon.

Good luck!

Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceSeptember 3, 2007
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
A man wearing a t-shirt.
Shrinking a T-shirt
Cleaning "Dry Clean Only" Clothing at Home, Row of Dry Cleaned Shirts
Cleaning "Dry Clean Only" Clothing at Home
Santa looking at his pants that have been shrunk in the laundry.
Preventing Clothes from Shrinking
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 2:01:20 PM on 10.0.2.167 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.