Getting Urine Stains Out of White Fur

By Blaze 1 1

How do I get my dalmatian white again? She has had urine stains on her fur since she was a pup.

By Blaze

Showing: Answers Sort

By Susan 2 Flag

Baking soda works to get things cleaner, naturally. It's not toxic, so you could try adding about 1cup to your pet's warm bath water. Hope it helps!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

thr522587 Flag

Besides the baking soda, if you bathe her weekly the stains will eventually go away over time even without doing anything special but in order for the stains to not come back you should continue bathing her weekly. Make it fun for both of you by having her shower with you :-) I had a German Shorthaired Pointer once who absolutely loved her weekly shower (had to get her used to it first of course) and she would actually go to the linen closet when I spelled out 'bath'. I would open the cabinet door and she would grab a towel and, tail wagging, go place it on the toilet seat (yes, closed lid - LOL) and hop in to the tub :-) I kept her poochie shampoo in the shower next to mine :-)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sherri 10 551 Flag

Hello,

Please take her to a groomer. The groomers have all the necessary shampoo's & etc to remove the stains. Good luck

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Nancy in NC 1 59 Flag

Hi, After your dog has been groomed and the stains are gone, make it a habit to wipe her bottom with a baby wipe after she comes in from outdoors. (We wipe our dogs' feet too. They spend time on the furniture and the bed with us). Nancy in NC

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Pets GroomingOctober 27, 2009
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Dog on Laminate Flooring
Removing Pet Urine Stains and Odors from Laminate Flooring
Sad looking puppy on carpet
Removing Dog Urine Stains from Carpet
White cat looking up at the camera.
Removing Tear Stains on White Cats
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 11:10:58 AM on 10.0.1.210 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings