Easy Ladies' Knit Sock Pattern

My daughter, who is going to Concordia University in Montreal, has challenged me to one of her favorite things, homemade woolen socks. Does anyone have a pattern for a ladies size 9? I need an easy pattern for me to win the bet! Thank you.

By Cathy from Nova Scotia, Canada

There are free patterns here for various kinds of socks that are knitted with 2 needles.

You may find this helpful:

I've always found socks too difficult as I'm an occasional knitter only, haven't the patience to be dedicated at it. Best of luck!

Carly K

While I don't have a pattern, I would check the lion brand site, they have lots of downloadable patterns free. My MIL made me a pair and indicated it was easier to do with the circular knitting needles, the ones that are attached so you can do both at the same time and not drop a stitch. ;) I am a beginner knitter so I am simply lucky to be able to do the knit stitch. Not up to pearl yet. lol.

Canadian Living Magazine Nov 2010 issue had a really easy pattern for socks. I also wear a 9 and they knitted up easily, picture of socks were yellow in magazine and you can get it on line. I used Patons Classic wool with 3.5 mm needles, fast and easy! Good Luck from 2 hours north of Montreal

Crafts KnittingOctober 20, 2010
Making a Sock Puppet
Making a Sock Puppet
A clown dressed in red balancing cups on their head.
Making a Circus Performers Costume
Knit Sweater Patterns
Knit Sweater Patterns