Use a Cupcake for the Birthday Candle

My mother lives in the Alzheimer's area of a facility. When it's her birthday, I bring a cake for all the residents and staff to enjoy. This year, because of all the flu issues going around I brought the 1/2 sheet birthday cake for everyone to share and a single cupcake.

I put a candle in the cupcake for my mom to blow out and in this way, the cake to share was germ free. I think this is something that should be taken into consideration even when it is not flu season.

By Shardebhow from Cherry Hill, NJ

What a smart idea! After seeing kids blow out their candles on some episodes of 'America's Funniest Home Videos' it is a wonder I ever ate birthday cake.

You have made an excellent point! Thanks for sharing!

I always do this for kids!

My daughter-in-law took your tip a step further for her son's 1st birthday last November: everyone had their own, individual cupcakes. They were arranged into the number 1 on the serving tray. It was so cute!

Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayJanuary 6, 2010
Cupcake Liners
Uses for Cupcake Liner Container
Colorful cupcakes at a cupcake themed birthday party.
Cupcake Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Birthday Cupcake
Birthday Cupcake Ideas and Recipes
Muffin and a Cupcake
Difference Between a Muffin and a Cupcake