Trimming Stocks on African Violets

I read on the internet that you had to trim the stock of an African violet when transplanting it. My plants have very thick stocks and one plant actually has two that have joined together to make an arch that is breaking through the soil. Since I have never had violets with thick stocks I am bewildered what to do.

They are all being pushed upwards out of the soil by these stocks. The outer leaves are starting to droop but the center of the plants are healthy and growing new leaves and beautiful blooms. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. I am very fond of my plants and wouldn't want to lose any of them.

Annette from Cambridge, Ontario

Answers

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceDecember 9, 2008
Asparagus in a Bamboo Steamer
Selecting Good Asparagus
Trimming Your Dog's Nails, A person using dog nail trimmers.
Trimming Your Dog's Nails
African Violets
Growing African Violets
African Daisy Photo
Growing African Daisies
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 22, 2016 at 7:27:12 AM on 10.0.0.121 in 847 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.