CarsCars

Soap Dried On Car Carpet

Category Cars

The previous owner of my Blazer must have taken it to a cheap-o detail shop when they were trying to sell it. As a result, I have a TON of soap dried into the carpet in the back. I don't mean residue, it looks like they spilled soap. AND it is kind of in the "shadow" of the spare tire, so I didn't notice it till now, when I have owned it for 6 months!

I am using our carpet extractor with just plain water in the solution tank to try to get it up, but I have done it for a couple of THREE HOUR sessions, and I swear it looks like nothing has changed. And the soap just keeps coming up. Is there something else I should be doing?
Please Please Please help me!
Kittycat420 in michigan

Hey I'm oginally from Michigan too! Small world :-) I'd call a detail shop and ask them if they have any suggestions or even a car dealer, since they often detail cars before selling them. Good luck!!

I know vinegar will help remove soap from clothes. Try putting vinegar in the extractor instead of water. Rinse out the machine well, over time vinegar can damage machine seals.