Craft Uses for Plastic Net Bags

My request is for anyone that might have any suggestions for crafts that you can use the plastic net bags like lemons, oranges, apples etc. come in. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Beverly from KY

These bags make excellent pot scrubbers. All you need is a large crochet hook and a little time. Crochet in circle or rectangle. Works even better than store bought.

Debbie from Indiana

Those bags are excellent for making "Birds Nest Supply" bags. Any little scraps birds might appreciate (thread pieces, yarn, dryer lint, quilting batting) - I groom my cocker spaniels - great use for all that curly hair. Put it all in that bag - hang it from a tree (especially in early spring) and watch the birds come to it daily. Talk about reduce, reuse, recycle....all that stuff we find useless, makes a warm home for the birds.

Those bags make great bags for cold storage of fruit or veggies from the garden.

Get a recipe for homemade suet and hang it in a tree for our feathered friends over the winter.

I read the one about leaving things for nesting in them for the birds. I have a long haired dog (as well as the quilt batting, thread,etc) and they like picking up small clumps of his hair off the lawn. Makes the nest even softer and warmer for the little ones. I leave that stuff on the lawn but will give that one a try for sure. Onion bags are great for this as well.

Have a great day!

Excellent for making pot scrubbers.

This is how I do it ... I use about 4 bags of same length and fold down the center, individually stack them and using a weaving needle, run a basting stitch down the center and draw up into a ball. Take a zip tie and put this in the middle and pull tight and snip excess tie ... then fluff up.

The onion bags that have drawstrings are the best. Use one as a lunchbag. Great for camping or at the dorm to hold shampoo, soap, razor, etc. Put bath toys and rubber duckies in and hang from shower to dry. Take to farmer's market and use as a shopping bag. Use it for a gift bag: fill with a jar of tomato sauce, a box of spaghetti, a jar of parmesan cheese, a jar of garlic and a package of breadstick mix. Or fill with a bottle of dish soap, a sponge, a scented candle, a pretty towel and a pair of rubber gloves.

I found myself with a lot of never been used Bath Scrunchies. I seem to get at least 1 or 2 in bath sets each Mother's Day, Birthday & Christmas. I was about to toss them into the garbage when I discovered that if I unsecured them I would have 1 very long net bag. I've used every one of them to "wrap" gifts. I layer several items, ie. baby blanket with a baby outfit or small pack of diapers or baby wash & wash cloths. After I've layered the items on my table, I slip the net bag over the stack, wrap the ends underneath the stack and tie them together creating a bow. The Scrunchies come is a wide range of colors. The bright colors are perfect for birthday gifts whereas the pastels work great for baby gifts. Because they've usually been part of a bath set, they smell really good too.

I crochet around the top and added a long handle to create a bag to hold yarn while working on projects. The bag expands and contracts with the yarn. You can walk around and your yarn stays neat in the bag. It worked good while I was walking and in labor.

Crafts Recycled CraftsSeptember 30, 2005
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Two soldiers photographed fighting in WW II.
Did They Have Plastic Bags in WW II?
Gift bag made out of a sugar bag craft
Craft Uses for Sugar Bags
🎉
🎄