Find the Brands You Like and Get To Know The Sizes

Research name brands of clothing that are of good quality and be familiar with your size. For example, Banana Republic and The Gap sizes run small, Venezia clothing and Columbia Sportswear is generously cut. You can even go to the mall and try on clothes in the brands you like and write down the sizes that fit.

Then when you go to a consignment or thrift shop you will spot a bargain quickly. You won't waste time trying on clothes that won't fit.

I bought a beautiful Talbot's dress with a matching jacket that still had the store tags at the Salvation Army for $9.99. It is a classic cut dress and would have easily cost me seven times that amount at the mall. Last weekend, I bought a new-looking Coldwater Creek tunic for $3.99. I have seen similar blouses in their current catalog for $40.00.

It's hard to pay the full price when it is so much more fun to get beautiful clothes cheaply!

By SusannL

I used to shop at consignment stores for costumes for school plays. I was surprised at how many great buys were there. Couldn't get my daughters to go for things like the new cashmere sweater for $1. Of course, those days are gone.

Nevertheless, bargains persist, so a walk-through never hurts. This is especially true at resorts and vacation-destination places, where designer clothes are lightly worn, if at all, and tossed. Check out the Yellow Pages wherever you are for Used, Consignment, and charities like the American Cancer Society or Aids Foundation. Some are deductible donations. This is great fun shopping on a vacation.

Then go to lunch.

I AM 25, AND I HAVE TWO KIDS. MY SON IS 10, AND MY DAUGHTER IS 3. I HAVE BOUGHT A LOT OF THEIR CLOTHES FROM THE SALVATION ARMY AND GOODWILL. JUST THINK, YOU CAN PAY 20.00 FOR A NEW PAIR OF JEANS FOR YOUR SON TO GET GRASS STAINS AND WORN-OUT KNEES IN, OR YOU CAN TAKE 20.00 AND BUY 5 PAIR OF GENTLY USED (OR EVEN BRAND NEW SOMETIMES). MY CLOSET IS FULL OF ABERCROMBIE, GAP, NIKE, BEBE, ETC....AND I GOT IT ALL FROM THE GOODWILL.

Consumer Advice Clothing BuyingSeptember 2, 2005
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
Plastic Lid Photo Ornament
Uses for Plastic Lids
Boy in Devil Costume
Making a Devil Costume
car gear parts in carton box
Saving Money on Parts for Old Cars
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 26, 2016 at 8:59:52 PM on 10.0.0.204 in 946 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.