Trade Unwanted Stuff With Friends

One person's junk is the next person's treasure.

The things you don't use around the house anymore and that wind up in a cupboard or garage, may make someone the happy owner of something they can really enjoy and/or use. And the cost is nothing.

My friends and I get together once a year and trade stuff. Anything goes; clothes, dishes and kitchenware, linens, small furniture, knick knacks, etc. I keep a box in the spare bedroom closet for those items I don't care for anymore and know that it will get moved along the next time we have our get-together.

The fun part is that we enjoy an afternoon together and come home with "new" stuff that didn't cost a cent. It's double the fun when you see something of yours being enjoyed in your friend's home.

By Mlina from Amherstburg, ON

I like this idea a lot more than FreeCycle - it's more personal, and you get time with friends as a fringe benefit.

Great idea, good for you!

Better Living Frugal Living AdviceOctober 20, 2009
Cleaning a Tent, Tent in wet conditions
Cleaning a Tent
CD Notepad
Making a Recycled CD Notepad
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage, Raccoon Scavenging Garbage
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage
Fair Trade Coffee
Buying Fair Trade Coffee