Reusing Paper Towel Tubes

I use the empty tubes from inside toilet paper rolls to keep my money in so it won't fall out every time I open my wallet. Also, you can put your important paperwork inside the larger ones that come in paper towels, then mark them accordingly, flatten them, and keep them in a drawer or file cabinet.

By phillypretzel from Philadelphia, PA

You can also use the paper towel rolls to mail rolled up papers, wrap a gift that fits it, cover with contact paper and fill with candy, etc. then fold in the ends (can also do this with toilet paper rolls), tie a ribbon around it or stick one on it to make a nice gift, party favor or I plan to use then for a stocking stuffer and put in plastic grocery bags, just to store or carry in your car for whatever you might need a bag for.

There's a lot of germs on those toilet paper rolls.

Think about where those rolls sit by, the toilet. They carry lots of germs from the flushing toilet. Use the paper towel ones and cut them down if you need to.

We use them to make firestarter logs. Fill with dryer lint, pecan shells and shredded paper.

Why would something sitting, wrapped in paper, near a toilet be so germ-infested that it should never be handled again? What is happening in your bathrooms? When I was growing up, we used the the paper towel and toilet paper rolls to make the lint fire starters too.

I've used toilet paper cardboard rolls to cut in half with a scissors and place on a cookie sheet to be homes for soil when I start seeds. When you're ready to transplant, the entire cardboard roll decomposes in the dirt. The roll also absorbs water so you can just pour water in the cookie sheet and it's getting water to every seed.

I am not sure how you would fit a TP roll in a wallet. Also, zip lock baggies are better for paper as you don't have to unroll it. As for the germ part I am sorry but I am with the others on this one.