List for Garage Sales

Every year before garage sale season starts, I make a list of items I need for around the house or personal items I'm interested in finding. That way I have a "road map" for the season.

One year, I was interested in looking for a cookie sheet organizer (I wasn't even sure such a thing existed), but low and behold, at a sale there was a wooden cookie sheet organizer! I noticed a cookie sheet in a wooden 3 section organizer. I asked about the shelf and he said his uncle had built it for his aunt! I now own a cookie sheet organizer for 50 cents!

By Linda from Rapid City, SD

Great idea!! It seems like I like going to garage sales, but if I'm not focused on what I need then I buy stuff I don't. Or I'll let garage sales slip past and then remember days later that I saw something I needed at one, but couldn't remember at the time. Thanks! (and from a fellow South Dakotan! I live in Pierre and am originally from Rapid City!)

I have a very slender cabinet in my kitchen, maybe 10 inches. It won't hold anything since it's too narrow for pots to sit flat. One day during my bi weekly griping about it I stood my cookie sheets, cutting boards and my broiler pan on end like a book shelf. They all fit perfectlly with a small amount of spare room.

Bring a List When You Go To Garage Sales
Garage Sales Buying TipsMay 12, 2011
A table full of items for sale at a garage sale.
Finding Garage Sales
Garage Sales
Shopping at Garage Sales
A woman taking a photo of a vase to post it on eBay.
eBay vs. Garage Sales
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor