Treating a Dog with Ringworms

My dog has ringworms. He has one lesion on the side of his belly by his back leg. I have been using Lotrimin cream and it is working, but he keeps trying to lick it off. What home remedy can I use to make sure he doesn't lick the medicine?

By Karen from Gulfport, MS

You could try Vet Wrap. It is a stretchy, tacky wrap on a roll. It is good at staying in place and it breathes. It comes under many names and is usually available at tack stores and sometimes the drugstore. Otherwise you need an elizabethan collar. If the ringworm doesn't clear quickly, see your Vet.

On vacation in Sept. my dog caught ringworm also, we were far from a vet, so we talked to a Pharmacist

that told us to use Miconazole Nitrate 2%, it's a anti-fungal cream, for athlete foot & relieves itching & ringworm. We used it & in less than a week 2x a day, the red was gone. Don't be surprised that your dog breaks out with more. Use for 2 weeks, just cover it lightly. Good Luck. I promise this stuff is great for $2.29. Don't worry they will fade after 2 weeks.

You need to get one of those plastic cones that go around the dog's head so the mouth can't reach the body. I have also seen a very thick padded collar that is supposed to do the same thing at pet stores.

Cat's Ringworm
Treating Your Pet's Ringworms
Pets Dogs HealthNovember 8, 2010
old dog
Treating White Dog Shaker Syndrome
Looking at Dog's Rash
Treating a Dog's Rash
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Treating the Soil After Tomato Blight
Treating Soil After Tomato Blight
🎉
🎄