Mend Clothing Right Away

I learned early on, as I learned to sew, to keep small areas on home made or store bought clothes repaired before they got worse. I have known people who never repaired these areas. They would wear the item till it was unrepairable or very obvious, then get something new.

If these areas are caught early, the items will last much longer and save the cost of replacing them too soon. I have 5 kids (I am 66 now) and taught this to them early on. If they or the grandkids had clothes that needed repair, they brought them to me to fix.

Source: I learned this on my own, as I learned to sew, just after high school. To me, it is common sense.

By Linda from Bloomington, IL

The saying goes "A stitch in time saves 9" (or the whole garment!)

Tips for Mending Clothing
Crafts SewingJune 11, 2008
Growing Quince, Canning Quince, Freezing Quince, Peeling Quince, Storing Quince. Selecting Good Quince. Holding Out a Ripe Quince
Canning Quince
Frozen raspberries.
Freezing Raspberries
Closeup of hen and chicks.
Choosing the Right Groundcover
Woman Sewing Button
Tips for Mending Clothing