Tips for Mending Clothing

Category Clothing
You don't have to be an experienced seamstress to mend your clothing. This is a page about tips for mending clothing.

To mend clothes, I use hot glue, iron on patches, or hemming tape. This saves me time and money.

You can use iron-on interfacing, which comes in white or black, for mending of items with finer fabrics. The interfacing is so light weight that the mend won't show, as it would with regular bonding materials.

I don't know about you, but a "mending basket" never worked for me. For one, I rarely had any mending. Two, it just looks like a pile of stuff to wash, fold or donate. So I was recently purging, and came up with an idea. I now have three dresses that need hemming. To remind me to get to them, I have them hanging inside out.

I also have them on the left side of my closet, so I have to move them some to get to the other stuff. This reminds me daily (only one day so far, but just you wait...) and it brings the project to the front of my brain.

This might help others who's mending is simple and the amount is manageable. N-JOY!

Source: My brain having an Ah Ha Moment

I learned early on, as I learned to sew, to keep small areas on home made or store bought clothes repaired before they got worse. I have known people who never repaired these areas. They would wear the item till it was unrepairable or very obvious, then get something new.

Home and Garden Repair ClothingApril 18, 2013
😎
🐛
😷
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Tips-for-Mending-Clothing.html