Making a Recycled Jean Flower
Save scraps of denim from mending or hemming jeans to make these pretty flowers. This is a page about making a recycled jean flower
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here is an easy and fun way to use old and worn out jeans.
Approximate Time: 5-10 minutes
- one pair old jeans
- Start by cutting some circles out of your denim. Don't worry they don't have to be exact. You want to cut about four large circles, two or three medium circles, and one or two small circles.
- Take your circles and cut small slits in them. Again don't worry about being exact. It gives them more character when they're not.
- Lay circles on your work surface in order, starting with the larger circles on the bottom, to the smaller ones on top.
- Now take one of the small circles and fold it in half twice.
- Sew the bottom of it together with your needle and thread, but don't cut your thread (refer to photo).
- Push your needle and thread through the top of the other circles.
- Turn over and sew through the bottom poking through at least half of the circles to secure your work.
- Tie off thread and fluff flower. You may want to cut and spruce it up a little. I rolled mine in my hands for a couple seconds to give it a used look.
- If you want, you can glue a small piece of felt onto the back of your flower to cover up stit
February 12, 20120 found this helpful
That looks like fun!