Repairing Underwear That is Glued Not Sewn

Category Clothing
When pricy underwear that is glued together comes apart, it may need to be returned to the store, sewn or glued again with a clothing adhesive.

I have Victoria Secret underwear that are put together will some type of adhesive. Does anyone know how to put the ends back together when they come undone?

By Anna W

Answers

Best Answer

When I have had a problem in the past with my Victoria Secret bras (underwire coming out, etc.), I would take them back for store credit. I have done this a couple of time over the years. I would try that first before trying to repair it.

If you do repair them yourself, I would sew it together. Sports bras deal with more sweat and heat than your normal bra and this might weaken the glue bond.

Good luck!

Personally have never heard of such a thing as underwear (especially expensive VS underwear) put together with adhesive. The only thing I can think of is the 'break away' panties that have velcro fasteners attached to them for quick and easy removal from the body.

If that's the case and adhesive was used to put the velcro fasteners on then just simply sew the fasteners back on.

I am looking for the same type of adhesive. Victoria's Secret uses adhesive glue for a lot of their panties and some bras (instead of sewing them). I looked up fabric glues, but most of them appear to be toxic and I really would like something non-toxic for clothing/intimates. Any help would be appreciated!!

I thought I was the only nut looking for an answer to this question. Has anyone tried ironing to reactivate the glue?

Home and Garden Repair ClothingFebruary 13, 2020
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-02-14 23:06:39 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️