Cleaning Feces Stains on Underwear

There are a number of ways to successfully remove feces stains on underwear. This is a guide about cleaning feces stains on underwear.

My mother soiled her pajama bottoms. They are made of brushed cotton and I have used the product "Vanish" on the stain and washed them twice, but the stain is still there.

By kate from Somerset, UK

Answers

Best Answer

Get a plastic bucket, add two scoops of Oxiclean and fill it with hot water (enough to cover the garments to be soaked) and put the garments in there and let them soak for a few days. It doesn't matter if the water gets cold as long as you start with hot. When you take them out if the stain is still there gently rub them together. Check them every couple of days until the stain is gone. Test the fabric Oxi doesn't usually fade fabric but it does occasionally on some reds or dark colors. I have been able to get out just about anything the kids can get on their clothes with this method. Hope it works!

I have a question that I've been obsessing about recently. In the past I used to wash underwear with poop stains, after getting some of it off with toilet paper, together with other clothes. The stain was not big but, I was letting everything dry outside.

Sometimes the underwear still had stains that would go away after multiple washes. I am still afraid; is it possible the other clothes got dirty from one pair of underwear and some of the poop remained in other clothes too?

Answers

Honestly no..... I don't believe the other clothes would stain from the poop. Unless you leave the poopy underwater sit on the other clothes. So please enjoy life & don't obsess over the small stuff 

I don't believe that other clothes will be stained by these, but it really is better to wash them separate at least the 1st go round because of the bacteria present. If you are good with washing them with other clothes it helps to soak them before with a small concentration of bleach water or peroxide to help with stain removal&also to kill bacteria.

It is something that can be remedied but definitely not anything to get stressed out about or obsess over.

You can wash white cottons in bleach to get rid of all stains. I don't think the feces will stain other clothing.

I use peroxide and baking soda

Bleach and white clothes great but I add lemon juice to

How do I remove feces stains from underwear?

By CLA

Answers

You can try soaking them in hot water with soap and a little bleach. Scrub them a bit then let them go through the wash cycle. This has worked for me a few times, but not every time. It's more likely to work if the stain is recent.

I need tips for getting feces and urine out of underwear.

flower51

Answers:

Feces Stains on Underwear

Try rinsing in the sink if it is just a stain and not the actual feces, rub with hand soap and rinse, hang to dry until laundry day. If feces then rinse in the toilet first. I'd use rubber/plastic gloves. Depends makes some hefty pads which would cut down on the staining. (02/17/2009)

By siris

Feces Stains on Underwear

Using hot water in your washing machine add 1/2 cup of Tide detergent, 1/2 cup borax, and 1 cup of bleach. When done hang outside on the line making sure you do the wash on a sunny day. I've done white wash for 48 years and have always had nothing, but pure white items. (02/17/2009)

By Kidena

Feces Stains on Underwear

I have had success with dishwashing liquid, not the one you put in the dishwasher, but the one for hand washing dishes.
I put it on straight on the stain and then throw the whole thing in the laundry hamper; let it soak in until laundry day.
I suggest staying away from the Oxiclean type products because I used it once and washed all my clothes, found out I was allergic to it, I had to wash my clothes 3 times to get it out.

I broke out with a itchy rash.
(02/17/2009)

By Babette

Feces Stains on Underwear

Scrape off as much of the solids as you can. In a plastic bucket, place 1/2 cup of detergent and 2/3 cup (or more) of Oxiclean and the soiled clothing. Boil water and pour in the bucket. It should bubble and rise, then go back down. Soak it overnight and, if necessary, repeat. Wash as normal. You really need boiling water for this. I've even taken out hair dye from a light colored shirt this way. (02/17/2009)

By Jenny

I need some advice on how to get feces stain out of white underwear. Any suggestions?

Robin from Washington, IA

Answers:

Feces Stains on Underwear

There is a post under "whiter whites" that I was looking at when I went to "new feedback" at the top of the screen. Under that post there are suggestions about using lemon juice and dishwasher soap to get whites brighter. Maybe one of those two solutions would work for you. If you find an answer be sure to share with the rest of us! (12/08/2006)

By Paula

Feces Stains on Underwear

You can try hydrogen peroxide, setting out in strong sunlight, dishwasher detergent, or soaking in a basin of cold water where a couple of tablets of denture cleaner have been added. (12/08/2006)

By connie

Feces Stains on Underwear

If the fabric isn't extremely fragile you can apply a solution of half liquid chlorine bleach and half water to the stains. Make sure the stained item is soaking wet before you apply this. Watch the stained area. When the stain has disappeared rinse it well several times, then wash as usual with detergent. If you feel the item won't tolerate chlorine bleach then, I would dissolve equal parts of BIZ and Clorox II (non chlorine bleach), maybe 1/2 cup each, or 1 cup each in a plastic gallon container of warm/cool water and just let it soak as long as needed, maybe several days. You could probably add some of the new OxiClean powder too as it seems to work well also.
Afterward I would make sure I rinsed the item very well several times to make sure all bleach/chemicals were rinsed out. (12/09/2006)

By Grandma Margie

Feces Stains on Underwear

I use the Melaleuca dishwasher detergent and it works on everything that is white. (12/10/2006)

Feces Stains on Underwear

I am a huge fan of hydrogen peroxide. Put it in a spray bottle and as soon as the underwear come off spray the stains and let the peroxide work a while. Then wash as usual. If they have to wait for a load to wash you might put an old diaper pail to work and soak them in Borateem and water till you get a load to wash. (12/11/2006)

By Carla

Feces Stains on Underwear

Try a mixture of equal amounts of dishwasher detergent, laundry detergent, and bleach in hot water. I use a cup of each in my washer. Rinse at least twice as it is a potent mixture and can be hard on the skin. It works.

(12/28/2006)

Feces Stains on Underwear

1. Don't let such stains dry on the garment. Get rid of immediately by washing it out with hand soap, or dish washing detergent. Make sure the garment can take the chemicals.
  2. If the stain is dried onto something like cotton underwear, use Greased Lightning. Spray it on like you would Shout Out, or Spray and Wash. Rub it in really well, and rinse with hot, hot water. Launder as normal.
  3. Blood stains can be removed from cotton by swabbing bleach on the garment with a cotton swab like a Q-tip. Rinse immediately. (12/05/2008)
  4. By Tim From Science Hill