Removing Stains on Underwear

How do I remove severe perspiration stains from cotton-poly men's underwear?

Answers

By k w (Guest Post)

Peroxide will do it. Let it soak till the stain is gone then wash as always. Good luck.

By (Guest Post)

I recently heard crushing 5 asprin, mixing with water and applying the mixture to the area will do wonders for perspiration stains, though I have yet to try it. Couldn't hurt :)

By auntieM (Guest Post)

I've been spraying the underarms with vinegar and it seems to help. These white dress shirts I'm working on are not new and the stains have been set by putting them in the dryer, but I can see a difference (or I have a good imagination!!).

Make a paste out of Comet and water. Scrub perspiration area. If stain is really bad, I'd suggest leaving the paste on clothing for a couple of hours, at least. The stain didn't get there overnight so it may take more than once to remove it.

An easy way to remove stains from underwear is to....
1. Take a washcloth and wet it.
2. Then, add some soap.
3. Carefully ,yet slightly forcefully, take the washcloth ( slightly coarse washcloth) and wipe over the stain. This may take some time.
4.Finally, give the underwear a thourough wash.

Anonymous

USE Peroxide, IT WORKS GREAT, AND IS LOW COST!

Answer this Question

5 More Questions

How do I remove an old stain on men's underwear left after washing?

By thomas nickerson from Port Orchard, WA

Answers

Try hydrogen peroxide. It works wonders.

If you can find or order online, buy a bar of Fels Naphtha soap, dampen the cloth and the soap, rub the soap on the stain and presoak with a 1/8 to 1/4 c. ammonia in your full washer load (along with your regular detergent and a scoop of baking soda helps soften the water to clean better also.)

Anonymous

Easiest place to find Fels Naphtha is not in soap aisle but in the laundry detergent aisle, sometimes on top shelf, great for making your own laundry detergent

Answer this Question

Does anyone know how to get out stains in colored underwear? The white ones can be soaked in bleach water but the colored ones can't!

By Andrea Kollars

Answers

They can be soaked in Oxyclean. I use it regularly and it makes the colors come out brighter. I think there is even an airosol oxyclean spot remover now, though I haven't used it.

how do you get stain out of color underwear with withe on it

Answer this Question

Underwear stains are typically something you want to treat prior to washing. There are a few different methods you can use that should work on most such stains. This is a page about cleaning soiled underwear.

Two pairs of underwear on a clothesline.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

There are a number of ways to successfully remove feces stains on underwear. This is a page about cleaning feces stains on underwear.

Two pairs of men's boxer briefs in the colors white and red hanging on a clothesline

How do I remove stains that did not come out, after washing my son's underwear?

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJanuary 11, 2015
🌻
👒
👔
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Stains-on-Underwear.html