Repairing Underwear That is Glued Not Sewn

Category Clothing

I have Victoria Secret underwear that are put together will some type of adhesive. Does anyone know how to put the ends back together when they come undone?

By Anna W

Personally have never heard of such a thing as underwear (especially expensive VS underwear) put together with adhesive. The only thing I can think of is the 'break away' panties that have velcro fasteners attached to them for quick and easy removal from the body. If that's the case and adhesive was used to put the velcro fasteners on then just simply sew the fasteners back on.

I am looking for the same type of adhesive. Victoria's Secret uses adhesive glue for a lot of their panties and some bras (instead of sewing them).

I looked up fabric glues, but most of them appear to be toxic and I really would like something non-toxic for clothing/intimates. Any help would be appreciated!!

I thought I was the only nut looking for an answer to this question. Has anyone tried ironing to reactivate the glue?

This is the ONLY search result I have found for this problem!! I have 3 VS zip front-close sports bras and they have ALL split in the back. Lo and behold, none of them were sewn; they were all held together with glue or tape of some sort. I am pissed that these top of the line $50 sports bras are freaking glued together, so no way Im buying more. Does anyone know what type of glue works to adhere this thing back together?

Best Answer

When I have had a problem in the past with my Victoria Secret bras (underwire coming out, etc.), I would take them back for store credit. I have done this a couple of time over the years. I would try that first before trying to repair it.

If you do repair them yourself, I would sew it together. Sports bras deal with more sweat and heat than your normal bra and this might weaken the glue bond.

Good luck!

Home and Garden Repair ClothingSeptember 23, 2012
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-02-09 10:06:32 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

ClothingRepair