Removing Shiny Iron Marks on Polyester Clothing

Category Clothing
The shiny marks left on polyester clothing by a too hot iron are quite likely scorched or melted synthetic fibers. This is a guide about removing shiny iron marks on polyester clothing.

How do I get iron marks off polyester trousers?

Answers

Best Answer

Polyester is a form of plastic. You're getting the ironing marks because you have the iron too hot and it's burning/melting the material. In the future, turn the pants inside out and iron the wrong side OR get an ironing cloth that protects the clothing from burning. Unfortunately, I learned this the hard way.

I accidently used an iron that was too hot on my polester black pants while pressing the hem. Now I have an area that is shiney on that area of the pants. Is there any help for this or is the fabric simply melted? Any ideas would be appreciated.

By Diannia C. from Defuniak Springs, FL

Answers

I read this somewhere that if you spray the area pretty heavily with white vinegar and then lay over that a damp cloth. Next barely set your iron down on the cloth until there is a little steam coming from the cloth. Iron should be set according to the fabric. Do this for just a few seconds. The shiny area will be gone. Hope this helps.

~Janette~

I have ironed black polyester trousers and have shiny marks on trouseres

boil them???

Isn't boiling poly going to make it curl up and melt?

Anonymous

I wouldn't do it. If the boiling doesn't ruin them, the oil will stain them. Think grease or melted butter stains.

I have a pair of new black trousers and now I've ironed them, a silver line has appeared. How do you get rid of the silver line? I heard vinegar will do the trick - is that right?

Suzie from Seattle, WA

Answers

I to have a New Pair of Trousers I've Ironed and a silver lines ? Saw someone post Vinegar Helps ,is this TRUE.???

Yes this is true. Next time use a pressing cloth to avoid this problem

I bought a polyester t-shirt and by mistake ironed it, now there is a shiny patch on it. Please suggest a way how to remove that patch.

By YC