Soap Making, No Boil Method

When correctly made, homemade soap is of high quality, ranking with some of the better commercial brands of soap. It can well be referred to as "one of the few remaining bargains" for homemakers today. A thrifty housewife can save many dollars a year on her soap bill by making her own soap.

3 Page(s)

Contents:

• Preparation for Soap Making
  • Toilet Soap
  • Reclaiming Soap
  • Soap Making Tips

This article is available in PDF format. Click here to download it.

Published by: Utah State University

Thank you for the instructions. I copied them out and I will follow and use them. I used to make soap by boiling and stuff. Now I can do it without going thru pots every 5 to 7 months give or take a couple days. Thank you for your ingenious idea.

Tanya

For those who can't use animal fats for soapmaking, for whatever reason, are there viable alternatives? Would Crisco, Nya-Fat, or any other vegetarian/vegan shortening work? What about soapmaking that uses oil instead of fat (liquid rather than solid)? I've heard of using both, but haven't found recipes posted for those.

Chayil,

Try marthastewart.com and search for 'goat milk soap'. There's a video and it's EASY. I just made some tonight.

PS. I used organic ingredients in the goat milk soap for my daughter who has hand eczema.

Making Homemade Soap, Bar of natural pine soap, with a pine branch, and a dish of green sea salt.
Making Homemade Soap
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Striated homemade soap in reds, pinks, and blue.
Making Melt and Pour Soap
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎉
🎄