Give Out One Coloring Page at a Time

contest winner icon

At my son's daycare, they noticed that when they gave the kids a whole coloring book, they would color a little bit on lots of different pages, and then when someone got the book out again, they would not want to color in it because the pages were already used.

The adults started taking out pages and just giving the kids the individual sheets. They focus on just one picture, and the rest of the book does not go to waste.

I tried this at home with my little guy - and it works! He notices more of the details in the one picture we are working on, and the rest of the book is safe until another day.

Another bonus -the pages are already taken out and ready for me to hang when he is finished coloring them!

By Regina from Rochester, NY

You know, that is a very simple tip but a great one! My grandbaby does the same thing - solors for 10 seconds on one page and then flips to another. I am going to use this suggestion. Thanks!!!

I have been a daycare teacher for 22 years and we put a couple of coloring books in their art center and teach them that they have to pick out one page they want to color and then take the book to a teacher and have her tear it out. This way they can color what they want. They color the front and back.

We also get our books at the dollar store or walmart at a cheap price. sometimes parents donate them. Of course the age of a child depends on how much time they will spend on coloring. Younger children have a shorter attention span so they don't color as long, just be patient with them and make sure you teach them to color in coloring book and no where else.