Mix Jams Together to Get Every Bit

I buy the name brand of sugar free jams and preserves. I usually keep at least three flavors in the fridge so the grandkids have a variety to choose from. Of course, eventually the jars are going to become almost empty. To make room for new jars, I will scrape the contents of two jars into the third and stir them together, thus making a new jar of mixed fruit preserves. As the newer jars become almost empty I add them to the original mixed fruit one again. Always a variety of flavors and very little, if any, is wasted, thus saving money. Every little bit helps.

By Linda from Bloomington

Also you can mix a little bit of water into the leftover jam and pour that over pancakes...this is very delicious!

I would be leery about continuing to add the preserves to the first jar. I think that you risk the possibility of germs contaminating your jam.

I think I would do as Robyn suggested and use the last of the jam for pancakes.

You can also add a little bit of milk (dry milk is fine) to the jar, shake it up and make popsicles. My girls love them!

I found a recipe for a bar cookie that uses jam as the filling. I found that it is a great way to use up all those leftovers, or the jam that we didn't like too much. When mixed and spread on the cookie crust, any jam/jelly tastes good.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsFebruary 6, 2009
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer), Man's hands holding a power screwdriver to a garbage disposal.
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer)
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix
🎄
🍂