Cutting Chicken Into Uniform Cubes

Category Helpful Hints
When making stir fries or skillet meals, it can be important to have your chicken cubes be the same size. This is a page about cutting chicken into uniform cubes.

Dicing chicken uniformly escaped me for years, but I have finally managed to figure it out so all the pieces of breast meat are uniform in cubes without the mangling and shredding.

1. Cook the chicken breasts the day before and refrigerate overnight. I use a ziploc bag which then becomes the long-term storage unit if I have leftovers to freeze.

2. Work with one half a chicken breast at a time, cutting the solid breast on the bias into 3 or 4 smaller slices or pieces.

3. Turn each slice or piece again 1/4 turn, noting carefully if the first cut is producing shredding. If so, turn slightly more.

4. Cube or dice each piece, one at a time only. If the slice or piece is too large or thick, it will naturally "give' along a seam line so work with each half. Again, if the shredding occurs, turn it slightly until you find just the right angle where the pieces are the uniform cut you are looking for.

What used to look awful now turns out pretty well for me. Don't be in a hurry with this as you want to use a sharp knife and aim for consistency. Now my chicken salad or chicken tetrazini is as pretty as can be because the chicken chunks are bite sized and uniform without a lot of weird shreds or bits.

By Ronsan

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsApril 23, 2018
😷
🌻
📓
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cutting-Chicken-Into-Uniform-Cubes.html