Keeping Ice Cubes from Sticking

Ice cubes are notorious for sticking to the ice cube trays and to each other. This is a page about keeping ice cubes from sticking.

When storing ice cubes in a bag, try using a paper sack instead of plastic. The ice cubes won't stick together, because the paper absorbs the extra moisture.

Source: My sister-in-law

By Ann Winberg from Loup City, NE

My ice cubes keep fusing together at the bottom of the ice cube holder. There is no problem with making the cubes and spitting them out, but we keep having to break up the ice after it has been in the bin a little while. The fridge is about 2 years old.

Answers

You may be having issues with the evaporator plate. Hopefully it is still under warranty.

Make sure your refrigerator & freezer doors are closing properly. If your refrigerator is still under warranty, you can have a service tech come check out it out!

Could it be that your freezer temperature is set a bit too high? You could put a thermometer in the ice bin to determine the temperature and adjust the freezer thermostat accordingly.

Does anyone know how to keep ice cubes from sticking to the trays (plastic) and not coming out?

By Lin Morgan from KS

Answers

I have the same problem, but have found a work-around remedy. Just turn them upside down over a colander and run a little water over the bottom of the tray. They will fall right out into the colander.

Harlean from Arkansas

If your area is like mine, they stick because of the deposit left in the tray when you pop out the ice. I give my trays a good scrub when ever they start to stick.

I fill mine with hot water, it helps to keep any ice residue from building up in the trays

My Kenmore ice maker makes ice, but the cubes to the back stick together and to the pan. I have to take the ice from the back and throw it away.

By Ginie from LA

Answers

If you still have your owners manual there is directions for changing how quickly the water fills the cube maker. It has to do with your water pressure. We just got a new Kenmore fridge and had the same problem.

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceJanuary 18, 2014
🎃
🎂
🌻