Keeping Ice Cubes from Sticking

Ice cubes are notorious for sticking to the ice cube trays and to each other. This is a guide about keeping ice cubes from sticking.

When storing ice cubes in a bag, try using a paper sack instead of plastic. The ice cubes won't stick together, because the paper absorbs the extra moisture.

Source: My sister-in-law

By Ann Winberg from Loup City, NE

Does anyone know how to keep ice cubes from sticking to the trays (plastic) and not coming out?

By Lin Morgan from KS

Answers

I have the same problem, but have found a work-around remedy. Just turn them upside down over a colander and run a little water over the bottom of the tray. They will fall right out into the colander.
Harlean from Arkansas

If your area is like mine, they stick because of the deposit left in the tray when you pop out the ice. I give my trays a good scrub when ever they start to stick.

I fill mine with hot water, it helps to keep any ice residue from building up in the trays

My Kenmore ice maker makes ice, but the cubes to the back stick together and to the pan. I have to take the ice from the back and throw it away.

By Ginie from LA

Answers

If you still have your owners manual there is directions for changing how quickly the water fills the cube maker. It has to do with your water pressure. We just got a new Kenmore fridge and had the same problem.