Ice Maker Making Hollow Cubes

Category Ice Machines
Finding the cause and fixing an ice maker making hollow cubes can be frustrating. This is a guide about ice maker making hollow cubes.

My ice maker is making the ice hollow not complete ice cubes. It did this before, but I shut the water off to the house to fix some sprinklers for about 4 hours and when I turned the water back on it started working right again. I've shut the water off to the ice maker for a few hours to let it completely drain itself with no luck. This has to be a simple fix. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

By Louie

I have a Kenmore filtered ice and water maker and the icecubes are hollow.

By Mary from NY

I have a Kenmore refrigerator with an ice maker. The ice maker is making hollow cubes. Is there a fix?

By Ken from Altoona, PA