Protecting Carpet While Painting Trim

I want to paint the crown molding in my living room but I'm trying to figure out how to do it without getting any paint on the carpet. Obviously I know to lay that painters plastic stuff on the floor but how do I make it stay CLOSE to the molding without it moving and getting on my carpet?

Priscilla from Zwolle

I use double stick tape. Put it on the underside of your plastic and it wont move on the floor.

Take a cardboard carton and cut strips and shove the cardboard under the trim. Then when you paint it will drip on the cardboard and not on your rug. You should still use the large painting cloth.

I use old plastic blinds, you can even buy them from the Goodwill at a very low cost if you don't have any in a far corner of your storage room. Just cut the strings from the blinds, and place the plastic in between your molding and your carpet, and pull it along with you as you paint - very effective, and no mess at all! Just don't leave the plastic blind in place ready for your second coat - it will harden there and chip the paint when you then try to pry it off (always have to learn something the hard way, right?)

Use blue painters tape and tape it to the baseboards.

Make sure any drips have dried before removing.

Kind of weird, I know, but my husband used to be a painter and he would lay down plastic or a tarp and throw roofing shingles snug up next to the baseboards and spray everything. They're heavy and thin enough to do the job.

I use wide masking tape. It can go right against the edge of what you're painting and will pull of easily when finished. Regards, Jan UK

You can put bobby pins on the plastic and tuck the end of the pins under the baseboards.

We used post cards and shoved them between the carpet and baseboards...worked like a charm!

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingFebruary 25, 2008
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
old car
Painting Vinyl Car Trim
Dried Paint From Carpet
Removing Dried Paint From Carpet
🎄
🍂