Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Black Flying Bugs in Potting Soil?

How do I get rid of little flying black bugs that seem to be in my potting soil? Where are they coming from?

Bigeyecat

By

By ru2ki02/25/2013

If we could still get any systemic spray we could get rid of any bug very quickly and forever, one tiny drop or less on the stem of a plant would kill them all. Those among us who banned these products will be guilty of us losing a lot of money when our plants die. Good luck with getting rid of these soil pests!

By marshall03/28/2011

Actually spoke to miracle grow and they said it is common with the potting soil and they are harmless. I've never seen them before this winter. The rep I spoke to said that I could put a layer of sand and that will kill the larvae. I also had to put the UPC code in an envelope to mail it back to them for a refund.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Black Flying Bugs in Potting Soil?