Black Flying Bugs in Potting Soil?

How do I get rid of little flying black bugs that seem to be in my potting soil? Where are they coming from?

Bigeyecat

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Actually spoke to miracle grow and they said it is common with the potting soil and they are harmless. I've never seen them before this winter. The rep I spoke to said that I could put a layer of sand and that will kill the larvae. I also had to put the UPC code in an envelope to mail it back to them for a refund.

If we could still get any systemic spray we could get rid of any bug very quickly and forever, one tiny drop or less on the stem of a plant would kill them all. Those among us who banned these products will be guilty of us losing a lot of money when our plants die. Good luck with getting rid of these soil pests!

woman caring for a peace plant
Getting Rid of Fungus Gnats
Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlSeptember 11, 2004
swarm of mosquitos
Getting Rid of Flying Insects
Reusing Potting Soil
Reusing Potting Soil
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 11:19:09 AM on 10.0.1.211 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.