Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Black Flying Bugs in Potting Soil?

0EmailPrintFollowSave

How do I get rid of little flying black bugs that seem to be in my potting soil? Where are they coming from?

Bigeyecat

By

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By marshall 1 03/28/2011 Flag

Actually spoke to miracle grow and they said it is common with the potting soil and they are harmless. I've never seen them before this winter. The rep I spoke to said that I could put a layer of sand and that will kill the larvae. I also had to put the UPC code in an envelope to mail it back to them for a refund.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By ru2ki 1 02/25/2013 Flag

If we could still get any systemic spray we could get rid of any bug very quickly and forever, one tiny drop or less on the stem of a plant would kill them all. Those among us who banned these products will be guilty of us losing a lot of money when our plants die. Good luck with getting rid of these soil pests!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Black Flying Bugs in Potting Soil?